Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 26th 2014: Santiago Prep Day Y Familia

MOM....... I love you sooooo much! There is a scripture in the book of mormon that helps me understand the relationship that I am able to have with you even though we are millions of miles apart. It is Alma 57:21 that states, "Yea and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and I did remember the words which they did say unto me that their mothers had taught them". In this passage, Helaman is recounting the battle between the 2,060 stripling warriors and the Lamanites. He later recounts that 200 of the 2,060 stripling warriors had fainted because of loss of blood nevertheless, because of the goodness of God, not a single one of them perished. As a representative of Jesus Christ, I have promised my God and my Savior that I will obey every command and rule with exactness. With sufficient faith, I am promised in return great miracles and eternal blessings. I have been promised eternal happiness, protection and great blessings for my family (D&C 31:2-6). 
Although I am far away from you and in battle here in D.R I am able to be happy because with every decision I make and with every step that I take, I think of the memories and the teachings that you have given me! I guess that makes me somewhat of a Mommas boy! I testify that I am receiving those blessings as a missionary everyday because I am breaking myself physically and spiritually to magnify my calling, fulfill my covenants and remember the words which my mother has taught me! I pray specifically every night that my God will bless my family and my mother. There is a missionary phrase that says, "be the missionary that your mom believes you are". I am the missionary and man of God I am today because of the most amazing mom ever, which I have been blessed with! Dads very lasts words to me while he was alive on this earth were "We are receiving the fruits and blessings of your labors"! I so pray that you are still able to recognize those sweet and tender blessings every day. I love you sooo much and am eternally happy and thankful to be your son! 
In the Name of Jesus Christ Amen!
Your son, 
Siempre con amor,
Elder Rincon





This QT is one of our cousins here in Cotui. When I saw her, she immediately reminded me of Imani and Saychelle when they were little babes. #alwaysthinkingofyouguys #Eternallove #alldominicanslookalike 


No comments:

Post a Comment