Monday, September 2, 2013

Los Dos Primeros Dias!



Wow! I cant believe I am emailing everyone from DR!

I don't have much time but it literally seems like so much has happened since we were all crying on the phone in the Miami airport. First off, I am safe and I am loving my country. It was unreal to go onto the plane and look around to only see my family; literally everyone looked like me. It was amazing to see so many dominicans and I couldn't stop smiling because I was positive that I was sitting behind Imani, Omari, Titi Kenia, Papito etc. 

Once i got into Santiago with my district group, I was picked up by the Mission President and other missionaries. I then proceeded to, per Titi Kenia's request, take a huge breath in and smelled my ancestors. We smell great. I was then taken to the mission home and I got to see the city a little bit on the drive. It looks like a mixture of miami houses and new york people aka. craziness in the streets.

There is so much more that I want to tell you but i don't want to be late to my meeting! 

When I had my first meeting with my mission president he told me that he believed I would definitely have the opportunity to serve in Cotui, which is so crazy and exciting! When we all received our new companions and areas I was called to serve in Fantino; this is where I am now. Fantino is really close to Cotui and far from the city of Santiago.

I couldn't believe it. I am literally living a dream come true.

Today I took a 3 hour bus ride to Fantino and went straight through Cotui. I have pictures. It´s been the craziest couple of days of my life. I don't have enough time to upload pictures but I want to tell you a little more about my experience so far. I have loved every second. I went contacting my first day and my spanish was more or less on point. It's crazy to talk to my people in my country. Everyone is humble and willing to talk about religion, God and Christ. It was a lot of fun meeting, talking and sharing my testimony with random family members that I met in the street.

Also, I have never seen so much poverty in my entire life. It is hard to see my people in this kind of poverty because I love them so much. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ will help them gain true happiness, receive crazy blessings and have the holy spirit with them always. It has blessed my life tremendously and I know that is the reason why I am here. I am in my home country because I have been extremely blessed in my life and it is my duty to God to do all that i can to share my greatest blessing, the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, with everyone who is ready to listen with their hearts. I know I am doing the work of the Lord.

Before I go I wanted to tell you that my companion is Dominican from Santo Domingo. We are already becoming good friends and my spanish is growing by leaps and bounds everyday because it is all I am speaking.

Please pray for the members in this country. In Fantino there are only forty members but I know that with the help of the Lord and hard work on my part, I will be able to be a tool in the Lords hands to grow his kingdom upon this earth.

I love everyone here and I love all of my family so much.
I miss each of you so much, but I will be home soon enough.

The Lord has a special plan for me here and I am just starting to figure it out. 

Los Amos Siempre,
Elder Rincon



P.S. My Prep days are now on Wednesdays! and I will have pictures next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment