Monday, August 26, 2013

Jose's First Blessing

Hey Everyone! 

2 days left in the MTC! It has gone by so fast! I am so excited to finally be leaving for D.R.! Thanks for all of the of the packages! I have received all of the workout clothes, power bars, suitcase,debit card and doterra oils. I feel everyones love and prayers! It felt like christmas errday this week. Also this week I was able to host new missionaries, finish all of my big meetings (meetings about the mission field), went to the temple and had powerful spiritual experiences with my district and zone. Here are some of those spiritual experiences. So you can have a lil taste of the spirit I have been feeling on my mission. 

So this last week of my zones stay here in the MTC has been really exciting! There is a lot of emotion that goes into preparing to be a missionary in another country and for most of the missionaries in my zone they are going to Argentina. All of the Argentina missionaries were told in their missionary call that they would be reassigned for a couple of months, so because of this, all of them were anxious to find out their reassignments. about four days ago, unexpectedly, all of the Argentina missionaries received their flight itinerary and were going crazy. All of the missionaries going to Argentina (I know at least 40 personally ,but their are a couple hundred in the MTC) received tourist visas and would not be reassigned. Literally everyone was crying, jumping, praying and some were even crying as they jumped and prayed. It was a miracle for them. Well their is one sister in my district who is going to Spain Madrid mission and was the only sister missionary in our zone going to to Spain who has not received her visa yet. I could tell that she was worried and also troubled by visa issues and other missionary worries. The morning after all the Argentina missionaries had received their visas, she asked me if I would give her a priesthood blessing of comfort. I told her that I would love to and we made a plan for later on in the afternoon during our personal study time. The entire morning I prayed for the spirit to be with us in this blessing. I prayed that I may be used to as instrument in the Lord's hand to be able to express to her what the Lord wants her to know and most importantly feel. I have never given a blessing a comfort to someone outside of my family before so I was a little nervous ,but I knew that the Lord trust's me and I had faith in the priesthood power of God. When it came time to give sister Reyes a blessing, a powerful spirit entered the room and we were all (four missionaries) able to feel a special peace . Honestly, I do not remember what I said or what I expressed, But I can distinctly remember how I felt and the tears of joy and comfort that I saw on sister Reyes face. I know that the Lord used me as his instrument to express to her what the Lord needed her to hear. It was amazing. The power of the priesthood is so real and I was able to witness the power and comfort it can have on one of His beloved children. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be worthy of and exercise His priesthood. I know that it is one of the key tools that God uses to build up his kingdom. I know I am only one of thousands of workers in the Lord's army ,but It brings me so much joy to do my little part.   

Do you want to know why people say serving a mission is the one of the most rewarding things you can ever do? it is because you are constantly (24/7) giving your life to the Lord. Everything I do as a representative of Jesus Christ is to build the kingdom of God upon the earth. I have not even left the MTC yet and I have already experienced the blessings of this work. It is a miracle to me how when lose yourself through helping others, you actually find yourself. It doesn't really make sense untill you do it. I know this to be true and I know that Jesus Christ is at the Head of this work. I love Him and I know how much he loves all of us. I love all of you and I pray you for you all daily. Next letter I send will be from D.R! Yeah, I know! It's going to be hard living on a tropical island, eating all of my favorite foods, but someone has to do it.
IMPORTANT: I will be in the Miami airport from 6:40 to 8:40 august 26th so I will be calling family on the pay phone (with a phone card thing) at that time. I don't know everyones number by memory so please send me a dear elder with your phone number if you want a call. I hope I can talk to all of you so you need to be ready to pick up the phone. Hope to hear your voice soon through that payphone.
Love, 
Elder Rincon



No comments:

Post a Comment