Thursday, August 15, 2013

Visa Arrival!

Hey everyone! 

I have officially been in the provo MTC for 3 weeks and 1 day! I have loved all of it! The days are long and the weeks are short! This week I finally received my visa! This was shweet cause their was a group of 25 elders waiting for their visas (all in the same mission and all suppose to be going to the D.R MTC), but unfortunately they want us to finish out our MTC time in Provo. This was expected, but I was hoping to get a head start on that farmers tan and Platanos! Although this MTC is not in D.R, I know the Lord has a plan for all of us and I love this MTC as well. I feel my Saviors love here daily and it is preparing me for D.R.
 
Some of the events that have occurred in my Life since last email:
 
- We have lost about 15 missionaries in our zone of 40 missionaries and have gained about 10 other new ones. It's really cool when you say goodbye to fellow missionaries in your Zone. We all get together, right before10:30 at night and yell/sing/scream as loud as we can the church hymn " till we meet again" ( in spanish). It's always powerful when you get a large gathering of people together (for a great cause) and sing. (even if nobody actually knows what their singing, which seems to be the case most of the time, cause everyone is mispronouncing words). Ill attach a video of this, so you can experience it with me.
 
- Also, my spanish continues to improve daily. Everything I do inside the classroom ( which I'm in for about 10 hours a day is in spanish). We sing in spanish, learn spanish in spanish, study our scriptures in spanish, practice missionary scenarios in spanish, breathe in spanish and occasionally i even dance in spanish. The Lord is blessing me with many gifts including faith, diligence, and the strength to give my all to Him, who has given me all. Without the Lord I would not be where I am with the language now. I feel a lot more comfortable speaking spanish and my flow has become more fluid. I'm definitely not at the level were i want to be yet, but I know that day will come soon when i'll be able to freestyle in spanish ( of course a gospel freestyle) and not even realize that i'm not speaking english!
 
- One principle that I have learned this week is the importance of "doing"." We teach, to learn". When we practice whatever it is that we are trying to get better at, we learn how to become better at it. I know that the more that I practice speaking spanish, teaching by/with the spirit of god and doing all that i can to grow closer to God, i am becoming a greater missionary. I know that God loves us so much and is always looking for ways to bless our lives. I know that he wants us to be so happy, so he gives us trials, challenges and commandments, to make us stronger and bless our lives. His gospel has blessed my life tremendously and I am beyond excited to be able to invite others to come unto it through Jesus Christ. I know he has blessed me with family and friends to lift me up and help me grow closer to him. I love all of you and love hearing from you! Your letters have been great and have truly allowed me to feel like i'm back home with all of you. Hope to hear from everyone soon, " dearelder.com" is the best way to reach me, and i have a new mail box number unit # 164.
 
Love, 

Elder Rincon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment