Sunday, August 4, 2013

Birthday in the MTC

Hi family!

How is everyone? I miss all of you a lot! I am so thankful for your dear elders and letters! Iv'e realized how truly special each letter/email is and how impossible it is for me to not be overjoyed with love when I read them! This week has been amazing! I have started every single journal entry, so far, with " another great day"! I truly love being a full time representative of Jesus Christ. It makes me so happy and has allowed me to constantly be under the guidance of the Lords Spirit. Some of my experiences from this week: Sunday, it was my first sabbath day with my new zone. Each Sunday you have to write a talk about a new topic, and then after sacrament, our branch president calls on two people randomly to give their talks. whether they have written one or not. I have not been called upon yet, but i know that it will happen eventually. Some of the thoughts and impressions that I was able to feel this Sunday were:
- Revelation is communication with God though the Holy Spirit. God knows us each individually and we are all different. Because of this, we all feel the spirit testifying to us differently. I just always happen to have a piece of dust in my eye when the spirit is testifying to me of truth.
- Salvation is not a cheap experience! If we are to be true disciples of Christ, we must each be going through our own Gethsemane's (figuratively). Salvation was never easy! Missionary work will never be either. It has to be difficult!
IT WAS MY 19TH B-DAY! Thanks for all of the thoughts, letters, package and emails! it was basically like any other day in the MTC except I was wished a bunch of Happy Birthdays. Also my zone surprised me by calling me into a room where they ambushed me, while screaming to me Happy Birthday! Unfortunately there was no icing to shmear on my face, BUT the song was sung out of tune and pitch, so it reminded me a lot of home and kept that tradition going strong. It was a little different having my 19th B-DAY in the MTC , but i enjoyed every second of it and it was special to me! Although i cant wait to have my 21st B-day with all of my family and friends gett'n crazy off that malta and platanos!

Also the rest of this week has been great! I'm working hard to study language, become a greater servant of the lord, and become more like my savior Jesus Christ! the days are long and then nights are too short! One of the blessings that have helped me to become a greater missionary is the spirit. The Holy spirit has allowed me to learn the language at a fast pace, understand/ know what the lord needs me to express to his children, and stay happy through the love I receive daily.  My Spanish improves daily and i am able teach full 40 minute lessons with all of my investigators. ( Investigators are basically teachers who pose as investigators they have taught on their own mission in Spanish speaking countries) all of the lessons are in Spanish. It truly helps you learn the language when you give full lessons to investigators in that language! I am becoming more comfortable with the language of my people everyday! I cant wait to re learn everything I have been taught once i get into the mission field!

Here one of the great experience I had with my companion this week: we were preparing for one of investigators Pedro, but we were struggling to know what the Lord needed him to know and what we could share with him that could bring him closer to Christ. We went into a quiet room, prayed together out loud, and then pondered for a couple of minutes after the prayer. After 5 minutes of pondering in our minds, we each received the same exact revelation of what we needed to teach Pedro.  Our prayer was answered immediately and we were able to better understand what we needed to share with our investigator Pedro. This was just one of the many spiritually strengthening experiences I have had this week.

I know that the lord answers our prayers when we have faith and humble ourselves before him. I know that we can learn the truth of all things through prayer to our Heavenly Father and then listening for his answer, that will come to us in our mind and hearts. I know that I am truly participating in the work of the Lord. I know that the Book of Mormon, as well as the bible our testaments of Jesus Christ, his prophets/apostles and contain the fullness of His Gospel. I know these scriptures to be true. I know that Gospel of Jesus Christ, makes me so happy and makes me want to share my happiness and truth with all i encounter. I testify of these things and know that they are true, because God has testified to me, through the Holy Spirit that they are true! I cannot deny the overwhelming feeling that i have felt when i feel the Holy spirit in my heart and mind. I love my family sooooooo much and i pray for them all hourly. I know that this work (missionary work) is very important and I know it will bring blessings to my family and all of the families that accept it's message.
Love Always,
Elder Rincon

No comments:

Post a Comment