Monday, August 26, 2013

Special Devotional: August 16th Letter

Hey everyone! 

I have been in the MTC for 31 days now! My mission is already flying by! Only 634 days left of being a full time missionary. How is everyone doing? Whats new? I love your letters and they help strengthen me when I need it the most. I had another great week! I truly am living my dream as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day saints! Some news from me, I received my travel plans (for D.R) today, I just got back from the Provo temple (this morning) and my Spanish is improving every day. Also I went to a devotional (Live) by Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the twelve Apostles. All of these experiences were amazing and have each strengthened my testimony of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

Also I received my travel plans. Did I mention that I received my travel plans for D.R.? Well i did! Here's the basic Info:

On August 26th, I leave Provo at 3:30 a.m and head to SLC airport. I leave SLC airport at 7:10am and arrive at the ATL,GA airport at 12:47pm (Flight 2218). Then I leave ATL at 1:40pm to Miami,FL at 3:45 pm (Flight 1951). Then I leave Miami at 6:40 pm to Santiago D.R at 8:40 pm."gee I wonder what I could do for my layover in ATL in Miami " ;) ;) Anyways I'm crazy excited to finally be in D.R. and eat platanos all day every day! 

Other really exciting news is that this past Tuesday I was able to attend a fireside here at the MTC were Richard G Scott addressed us. Here are some of the thoughts and notes that I took from the devotional: "Which was also the first ever live broadcast between all the MTC'S around the World" (15)

- to reach a goal never before attained, you must do things never before done.
- Do not rush your prayer's with God. Prayer is a privilege. We should take time to express our deepest gratitude and concerns with Him. Then we need to wait for his answer to our prayer. You cant rush an effective prayer.
- Ask God, in our prayers, "What he wants for us", this allows us to reach our full potentials as children of God.
- There are many languages that I will need to learn in my Life! Spanish is just one of them. As a disciple and follower of Christ, I am working on learning the language of His spirit, language of charity, language of humility and the language of continual love towards his children.  

I love being a missionary! I love being in the MTC, yet I am so excited to finally go back to the motherland! I know that our Lord has a special plan for all of us. I know that for these next two years, mine will be to sacrifice my all to build his kingdom upon the Earth. I pray for all of you daily and I know that our Savior loves each of you so much because I feel that love everyday. I pray that we may all be instruments in the Lords Orchestra. (I know that the last sentence was really profound, but I do that sometimes)  I love all you so much and hope to hear from each of you soon! 

Love,
Elder Rincon

P.S. Jose was sure to hashtag the photos for us...what a goofball!

#missionpics #spirit #model #mountains #elder #platanos





No comments:

Post a Comment