Sunday, October 27, 2013

Extending The Tiny Branches

Saludo familia! 

This week was great! or as they say in DR, this week was heavy! 
Each additional week that I serve in Fantino has gotten better and better. The Lord is truly working hard with us as we give our all to serve his children. 
This past sunday we had 8 future members (investigators) and 11 less active members at church! For Fantino and our tiny branch, this is the most they have ever had in a really long time! I have never seen our branch building so packed and filled with families and friends. I literally could not stop smiling the entire time because the spirit was strong and everyone was so happy to be at church! We are also preparing a couple families for baptism and they were also able to attend church, which was great! 
One family has been really strong since we have been teaching them. Polo (dad), charro (mom), Blady (15 yr old son) and Leandro (12 yr old son). This family lives in the country country( double for emphasis) in a small shaq (see what I did there?) held together with random pieces of tin and wood. There are two rooms in the house and they cook with a fire every day. We found them through their son Blady who we were teaching with another family (his best friend) who, of course, happens to be distant cousins of mine. When we realized that Blady was progressing faster than this other family of cousin's we decided to open our hearts and share with his family too. Since DAY ONE they have attended general conference, church and almost every activity. They have a real love for the gospel, their Savior Jesus Christ, and for one another as a family. They have a baptismal date for November 30th and they are really excited to make this covenant as a family! I know that this GOSPEL of Jesus Christ truly changes lives and that every human being need it's blessings and happiness. 
As a missionary I have been able to see my own people change as they feel the presence and power of God. I know that I am working in the Lords work and that the Master truly works with his servants as they do His will! Through all of these experiences I have been blessed to be here in D.R and I am truly happy as I follow the example of Jesus Christ! My mission has not been easy and life never really is. I know that as I continually strive to become a better Disciple of Christ, I will need to go through tough times to grow and understand his life.
I love you all and hope to talk to you soon!
 
 

Siempre con amor,
Elder Rincon

P.S. The pictures are the before and after of yesterday's lunch! This land is feeding me like a jungle king!

No comments:

Post a Comment