Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Families are Forever

What's up Everybody! 

I hope and pray all is well. I am doing great and loving my area!  

First off this week...family talk! This past week my district had exchanges. All of my district met in up Cotui and switched companions, one with another. I was exchanged with a missionary in cotui 2! My new companion for the day was Elder Espinoza from Provo, who arrived in DR the same day as I and doesn’t speak any Spanish. So, for a whole day Elder Espinoza and I walked around Cotui, met with tons of less active members, ate Dominican food, taught lessons and OH YEAH! I met about 50 other family members! So before we started the day with all of our lessons and visits, we stopped by my Tia Nenas house for a visit. I love stopping by Tia Nenas house to see her and all of my other cousins house because they always have so much love to give me and my companion. After we visited with all of my Almanzar Family, Maritza (the daughter of Miraldi who is the sister of my Grandma), began introducing me to the Rincon side of my family, which was just 3 blocks down the street. This part was crazy! As we were walking down the street on the way to my cousins houses I met and hugged about 15 other cousins who all gave me tons of love.  The first Rincon house I visited was the brother of myGrandpa “Papito” AKA  “Papi” in DR. I met my Tio and a lot of other cousins but I can’t remember his name because I met so many family members but he is one of the oldest. It was so special to finally meet other Rincon family and they all embraced as if they have known me my entire life and raised me!  He lives in the house were my Grandpa was born in which happens to be right next to the house my dad was born in. It was unreal to be in the houses of were so many generations of my family have lived. One of the greatest moments with this Tio was right before we left. He mustered up all of the strength in his body to stand up and give me a minute long hug! (he is a 90 yrs old and blind so the whole time during the hug I was showing him how tall I am by placing my nose on the top of his head).


I then visited the older sister of my Grandpa and his other brother Victoriano (who looks exactly like my Grandpa). Literally I met so many family members and they each embraced me in their love.  It is crazy to me that I’m actually a missionary in the DR and have the opportunity to meet and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to hundreds of family members. I know that the Lord has a special plan for all of his children and I am starting to figure out mine. I love all of my family everywhere and know that blessings and happiness are possible for all who accept and live the Gospel. Hope to hear from each of you soon!

Siempre con Amor,

Elder Rincon

1 comment:

  1. I am touched to tears! What wonderful blessings, miracles and evidence that the Lord's hand is in Jose's life. Family is what it is all about. Thank you for sharing his heartfelt, joyous letters about his missionary life in the DR.

    ReplyDelete