Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Family Reunion

Saludo! Wassup! 

This week was crazy! I am feeling great! (Thanks to saychelles essential oils) AND I have a crazy farmers tan! I am exhausted every night! I have been eating platanoes for breakfast and lunch every day! And my spanish is coming along great! (I'm still working on my Dominican Accent because everyone is able to communicate with me but they all know that I am from a different country because my accent is different).
 
So my companion and I are continuing to go hard everyday and this past sunday we had THE MOST investigators ever attend church. We are starting to see miracles in the lives of the people here as they put their faith in Jesus Christ and apply His gospel in their lives. Also this past sunday I was able to finally meet my prima Nelly Almanzar and her husband Juan Rodriguez. Literally the entire sunday at church I was smiling as I sat next to my family during class and listened to their talks during sacrament meeting (they each gave great talks in our sacrement meeting).
 
Also, I just got back from eating lunch with Nelly and all of their family in Cotui. I also met twenty other Almanzars in Cotui that live right next door to Nelly. It's C R A Z Y how much family I have! I only met about thirty Almanzars cousins but the whole time they were telling me how I need to meet all of my other family down the street. Here are the names of the Cousins I was hanging out with today (Tia Nena, Nelly Almazar and her two kids, Nancy Almanzar and her kids, Cali Almanzar, Miraldi Almanzar who is the sister of my Grandma Emilia, her Daughter Mitza and a lot more).  It was so special to meet and talk with my family. They all have so much love for me and we talked as if we have known each other forever. We showed pictures, told stories, laughed, hugged, exchanged numbers, ate dominican food, and made arrangements to meet other cousins including my Rincon family. It was so special and I felt like I was back home chilling with my family. Everyone looked kind of like me and the craziest part was the sister of my grandma abuelita looked exactly like abuelita and titi mari.
 


I love my family so much and I know that they love me. 
I miss my family so much, but I know that I am doing the work of the Lord. 
My testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ continues to grow everyday as I pray and do all I can to strengthen the testimony of the people around me.
 
Siempre con Amor, 
Elder Rincon
 
P.S. I am receiving everyones letters except from Miami People!

No comments:

Post a Comment