Monday, January 6, 2014

December 19th 2013: Uplifting Scriptures *Jose is always teaching us*

First off a funny story! This week has been really fun; I was able to go paintballing, paint a house, go on exchanges with my american friend Elder Espinoza in cotui and have lunch with a bunch of our family in cotui!
Soo about one week ago we were passing by an old ladys house named Mommaton and were really good friends and always help with things in her house. Anyways, everytime we pass by her house we always chant her name really loud and she always yells something back at us and its really funny! Ex: Mommaton!, Mommaton! Mommaton! reply: Haaaayyy! Mi Hiiiiiijooos Como estan! Hace mucha tiempo! Venga aca!
Then we go over and talk to her about what we can do to help her! This time she needed help with a ghetto plastic tube that was funneling water into her house and had a couple leeks! I happily went over to the pipe, in my tie and church clothes and tryied to stabalize the pipe with a rupper rope thing. As I began to fix it, the pipes became unconnected and I start to spay water all over me! As I backed up to get out of the way of the water, so that I wouldnt be completely soaked, Mommaton, being the funny old dominican lady she is asked me if I was scared and then began to try to fix it herself! as we were both trying to fix it while getting soaked in water. We pleaded with her to turn off the water spout bc it would be alot easier to fix, but she just kept repeating. EX;  Mommaton apagala her: Que No! us: Mommaton! Apagala! Her: Que no!. We repeated this like five times as we were soaked in water and then we finally turned off and fixed it simply. It was really funny and we still laugh with her about every time we pass by!
Difficulty:
Fantino has continued to have success as we work hard to reactivate, Find  and strenghthen the Lords lost children here in Fantino. Some of the Dificulties in this area, is that the members in this branch dont like to work in the lords work at all. It is really hard to leave with members for lessons and we havent recieved a single reference in two months. It is really hard to know how much more success is possible for this town and not see the progress as the members refuse to work hard to progress the work of Salvation of souls here in Fantino. A big part of the work here is to  strenghthen the liders here spiritually, reactivate the hundreds of less active members who have forgotten their baptisimal covenants and above lead and do everything by example. Literally as missionaries here, we are obligated to lead in every aspect of the gospel and within the church. Despite these difficulties we have continued to progress and I have felt the Lords loving touch in all that I do!
It has also still really hard to cope with fact that my Dad has passed on. I know that all of us our coping with this unexpected loss in our own ways, and I want so bad to be there for each of you guys as we cry tears of joy, anxiety, happiness,sadness and laughter together, But the Lord has testified to me everyday of thes the past five months and countless times throughout my life that he needs me to be serving him fulltime as His representative! Although it is hard to look at photos at our father or read emails from him that he sent me or medidate about all of the speciel personal times we had together. I am able to feel my saviors love, the love of hevaenly and earthly father and be really happy all the time. I know that the same is possible for all of you guys If we truly use the Atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives.  Alma (7:11-12)
Spiritual:
It is literally impossible to pick one spiritual moment as a missioionary because my life as a Representative of jesus Christ is filled with hourly spiritual experiences but, this past week I was truly touched in a testimony meeting that we had between a hundred of the missionaries that are in our zone and the neighboring three zones! I was able to feel and be strenghthenend by other testimonies and bare my own testimony to help strenghthen others. One scripture from this meeting has stuck in my mind since in Matthew 19:29 (read this scripture). I know that we all will receive countless blessings for the our sacrifice for the Lord and As dad told me in his last email to me (I am proud to be your son and we are recieving the fruits of your labor) I know that the lord will continue to bless our family as we follow him and help All others to do the same (that includes all of our family).
Another really special miracle occured this past as we gave a priesthood blessing to a sister who had broken her foot and needed a cast for 4 weeks. As we gave her blessing of health and felt the stong spirit of the Lord guide our thoughts and words, we testified that the lord would heal her according to her faith and that he would provide away that she could take care of her two small children. As we returned back to her house two days later. She was walking around the house normal and told us how she had put her faith in the Lord, in his priesthood and has not felt pain in her ankle since. She also tour of the cast and continued to provide for her family.
Power of the priesthood!

I love being a missionary! I love my family SOOOOOOOOOO much and think about each of you daily! I pray for you daily and work in the lords vineyard with all my heart, might, mind and strenghth so that other families will have the oppurtunity to be brought unto the same light and knowledge that we have! I know why I am in the DR! I know where my Dad is! I know that we can will all live again with him if we stay firm in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and active in his one true church upon the face of the earth! I know he loves me and each of you! I feel his love and recognize his blessings everyday I am blessed with! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Scripture that help me on the daily! Please read these!
D&C 138 AND D&C 121:6-7 AND D&C 122:7-9

IMPORTANT: This next wed, Christmas day we get to sykpe or google plus  for awhile so I need everyone to be ready to pick up the phone and set up computer stuff christmas day! I am so excited to see all of you again! Love you soo much! Thanks for all of the emails and packages!
siempre con amor,
Elder Rincon

No comments:

Post a Comment