Monday, January 6, 2014

January 2nd 2013: Feliz Ano Nuevo y Feliz Navidad

Saludo!
I hope that everyone had a merry Christmas and a Happy new year! My Christmas was really special because I was able to talk with my family and eat tons of Dominican food! My companion and i went to three different house for Christmas dinner. Also my new years was fun because I got to eat even more Dominican food and my apartment was completely surrounded by a huge Dominican party. All of our neighbors were blasting (bachata and merengue) from 6 huge speakers and 3 different cars until 7 am. So we didn't sleep very well and may or may not have been dancing through the night solo in our apartment (sacrifices of a missionary). But foreal its crazy how different the holidays are without your immediate family. Definitely missed being crazy with my brother, sisters, Mom, cousins, aunts and uncles. but I know with surety of the blessings that go to my family in the U.S and all of the families here in D.R from my full time service to the Lord (Matthew 19:29). Overall I have had an amazing 2 weeks as I have continued to work hard, love the people and try my best to do the will of the Lord here in D.R.
Update:
So I just completed my third transfer in the mission field and have exactly 5 months and 2 weeks in the service of the Lord as a full time missionary! Time has flown by. I am almost 1/4th done with my two years and I feel as If I just started the other day! Soo.. with this last transfer I have been assigned to stay in Fantino and will now have the pleasure of ending the mission of my companion Elder Carassco as he ends his two years this Feb. Most likely I will be in fantino for another 3 to 4 months as I end with Elder Carassco and train a new missionary the area. I was really excited with the news as I have baptismal dates  for this month and I have truly loved to see Fantino grow spiritually and in size of the branch as the Lord continues to bless us with success!
Spiritual:
This past Sunday was really special and emotional as I was able to see the capacity of our little branch double in size as it was filled with members, less active members and investigators that we have been working real hard to strengthen. I was filled with this pure joy and happiness the entire day I was blessed to see the fruits of my labors and above all witness the change in the lives of others when the apply the Gospel of Jesus Christ into their continually! In this past month, my family in Miami has been amazing example of this change. I was able to talk with my Miami family for Christmas and the brief moment I was able to feel this great change that takes place in the lives of all that accept and live this perfect plan of Happiness of Father in heaven has given us! This amazing plan is designed to turn all who were bad or good into great children of God! I testify that this Gospel is a great plan of happiness as I felt this happiness in my Life everyday as I have lived its teachings and helped others to do the same. I love having this great responsibility and privileged to share this Gospel with all those who are willing to open the hearts and grow closer God. Amazing Weeks in the work of the Lord. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for all of the letters and love!
Siempre con Amor,
Elder Rincon

No comments:

Post a Comment