Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014: 2 References!

Hey!
I hope that everybody has been doing well! I have been really happy this week and still kickin it in Fantino! This week was really special and I was able see a lot of cool miracles as my companion and I continue to be exactly obedient in all that we do.
Spiritual Update:

Some of the mission goals that my companion and I have made for this new year involve focusing on families and striving to work more with the members. As a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ, one of the ways that we are able to find more families and help the members serve in the work of the Lord is through references. References are friends, family or other people that we know who are interested the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As a servant of the Lord my purpose is to invite all to come unto Christ and his restored Gospel including members, investigators and all others who are near me. One way that I fulfill my purpose is by talking to everyone! and I mean everyone; in the tiny little taxi cars when I'm squished between three huge Dominicans, while I'm playing basketball on Prep Day or in the gym and especially when I'm walking hot in the streets of Fantino! This week my companion and I focused a lot more on this part of the work and we had some amazing experiences. An amazing situation came about while I was in one of the tiny taxi cars that we have to take to go to Cotui for all of our meetings. (In these tiny cars we cram four grown people in the back and four grown people in the front. This is in, like, a 1950 Camry. As I squished into this tiny car, I began to talk to a man who was also headed to Cotui! As we began to get to know him, I discovered that he personally knows all of my Rincon family in Cotui and my Grandparents in NY and my father! As we kept talking, I was able to share with him a little bit about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Blessing that come from its fullness. He ensured us that he would be going to church on Sunday and would love to talk with us more. 

Also! This past Sunday we were walking and, as always, smiling and saying hi to everyone that was in the range of our voice. As we passed by one house, the lady screamed out to us, "Hey! I'm doing great but how come you guys never come to my house to share the Gospel? I love to read the bible and I would love to learn more...when can you guys come back?" As we paused, realized what she told us and began to share with her our testimonies and understandings of the gospel, her face lite up and we were able to put a date to return and continue teaching her. 

This past couple weeks we have been working with members a lot more as we have strengthened and invited all to come unto Christ and remember their baptismal covenants and personal responsibilities. After 5 months without a single reference we finally received two references this week who are prepared to hear and learn about this amazing restored Gospel. As I have continued to work hard, Fantino has continued to progress and I have continued to be super happy as I witness the fruits of my labors. I am really happy and feel beyond blessed with the love and confidence my Savior has for me to represent him on a daily basis. I am pumped to receive and train a new missionary this next transfer and continue working hard in the Lords vineyard. 
 
Love and miss all of you! 
Please write me something this week and I hope to hear from all of you soon. 
Keep going strong familia! 

Siempre Con Amor, 
Elder Rincon

No comments:

Post a Comment